ASA Membership Fees
Annual ASA membership is required to be paid per swimmer. Membership runs annually from January to December and the club will collect the fees in November each year.
All members MUST have ASA membership which is required for insurance purposes.
There are 3 categories of ASA membership:
ASA Category 1 Membership for swimmers who do not compete in open competition but take part in club events are required to have Category 1 ASA membership.
ASA Category 2 Membership for swimmers who turn 9 in the year the fees are for. This ensures all swimmers are eligible to compete for the club if required. Swimmers who compete will be in this category.
ASA Category 3 Membership is for members who have voting rights in the club i.e. Committee members, Team Managers, officials, parent helpers etc.
For up to date fee amounts, please speak to our Treasurer.
What are the squads and their rules?
Regional and National Development (Senior Squad)
Swimmers are required to be available for 100% of league and cup meets, they are also required to attend at least 3 open meets per calendar year, of which two must be within the County Qualifying period. Swimmers in this squad are expected to attend 10 hours of training per week.
Cost per month
National Development, 11 to 12 hours p/w up to £84.00 p/m (To include 4 mornings)
Regional Development, 9 to 10 hours p/w up to £80.00 p/m (To include 3 mornings)
Swimmers are required to be available for 100% of league and cup meets, they are also required to attend at least 3 open meets per calendar year, of which two must be within the County Qualifying period. This squad is expected to train 7/8 hours per week.
Cost per month
Gold Squad, 7 to 8 hours p/w, up to £73.50 p/m (to include 2 Mornings)
Swimmers are required to be available for 100% of league and cup meets, they are also required to attend at least 3 open meets per calendar year, of which two must be within the County Qualifying period. Maximum training per week is 5/6 hours.
Cost per month
Silver Squad, 5 to 6 hours p/w, up to £66.00 p/m ( to include 1 morning)
Swimmers in this squad are required to attend a minimum of three inter-club galas per year, subject to the swimmer being of sufficient standard.
The Head Coach will determine when that standard has been achieved. Maximum training is 4 hours per week.
Cost per month
Bronze Squad, 3 to 4 hours p/w, up to £56.00 p/m
(Please note if bronze or academy swimmers have the opportunity to swim in a league: they will be expected to attend all league events.)
Junior Olympic 2 hours per week, £39.00 p/m
Junior Academy 1 hour p/w, £30.00 p/m
Pre Academy 45 minutes per week, £26.00 p/m
Optional Long Course and Weightlifting, £20.00 p/m
There is an option to flex between sessions for £2.50. This is applicable to Silver and bronze squads. Please speak to the Head Coach/Club Secretary for more details.
Other important factors to note:
- All Cat 1 swimmers must upgrade to Cat 2 in their 9th year and will automatically move up to the Junior Squad
- The Club runs two internal closed competitions per year, our Summer Gala and The Winter Time Trials. Whilst it is not compulsory to attend, we’d like your help to encourage our swimmers to attend. This is important from a team spirit and bonding perspective. Time Trials are particularly important as for some swimmers, this is the only event where the Head Coach gets competitive times for a swimmer. This will help our coach plan the swimmer’s future training needs
- For Senior and gold Squads, Time Trials and the Summer Gala are great opportunities for them to support, encourage and motivate the younger swimmers, often the older swimmers are role models to the younger swimmers.
- We need your help to ensure every effort is made to get swimmers to training and galas/open meets. Our swimmers will not improve and may become demotivated if they see others improving and they are not!
- Most competitions take place over weekends, if a training session falls on the same day as a gala or competition, there is no compensation for missing a training session, or deduction in gala fees if any are charged.
- Red Lodge closes early every second Tuesday of the month for Lifeguard training, therefore training will be 7-8pm on these occasions.